Friday, April 22, 2011

Good Friday. The Lord's Road To Calvary.

Many years ago when I was a teenager and had really had my " conversion " experience. One where the Lord really and truly became my Lord. I had a unique message I had just recently heard on tape by the Rev. Kloepper. Who was a doctor who gave a medical perspective on the aspects of Calvary and what Christ bore for us. It touched my heart so much and it convinced me and convicted me of my lack of appreciation of Christ's Gift of Love at Calvary.

I was so amazed that this man from Galilee. Who walked and ministered for many years and shared His gifts and graces. Would make his was to a place called Golgatha and allow himself to be nailed at a tree. Forgetting the pain and rejection of friends and loved ones. Giving of himself as he saw the Big Picture that the Father had placed within his heart. He knew this was his appointed time, and a place where all humanity would one day look to for hope in the midst of this world we live. For he would give himself up as the ultimate sacrifice lamb once and for all. No more need for perpetual gifts at the altar, no more need for many of the ceremonial practices of the law. He was establishing a higher order covenant of Grace. Which would bring humanity back into the Father's love by faith in Christ's ultimate gift at the Cross. Oh what a day for all humanity, what a great gift of sacrifice by the Son of God.

It wasn't long after I listened to Dr. Kloepper's message that I wrote a song entitled " Upon Golgatha ". Its had one or two revisions, but it embraced all I felt about the Cross and the love that he gave more me. I am ever thankful for the Old Rugged Cross and what Christ has done for us on the hill called Golgatha. Many are the songs that have been sung, the testimonies that have been given, the books that have been written. However, the greatest thing about the Cross is what it can mean for you and me, if we embrace the man from Galilee. Acknowledging that he's not just another icon, he's not just another historical figure, but none other than the Great I Am. God in flesh the Godhead see, hail the incarnate Deity. Yes, JESUS! Would you give him a chance to come into your heart today and do for you what he has done for millions of others? Give him your life today, embrace the Grace of God. Receive forgiveness of your sins and He will implant His Holy Spirit within you and give you new hope.

Thank God for Calvary. Thank God for the Blood. Thank God He made a way for you and for me.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Chorus ( " Upon Golgatha," By Patrick Vossen )

" Upon Golgatha, He purchased my salvation. Upon Golgatha He died for my
sins. Upon that cruel, cruel cross upon Golgatha He died for me, so that I
could have eternal life "

No comments:

Post a Comment