Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Thinking Of Dad Again Today

Things seem so out of place. I mean, I just can't believe I can't call Dad
and say hi. Or, just go and spend some time with him over the weekend.
I truly wish like anyone would, that I had spent more time with him
the past year. I know he always wanted me to come down to Falls City
to see him. Yet, he understood it was over 300 miles away. He never
wanted me to jeopardize work to go see him. Heck, work doesn't seem
to important to me today.

Love you, and miss you Dad. You were there for me. You prayed for
me, and I enjoyed our time together Dad. Love, Pat
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I truly am getting tired of running around taking care of every situation or
just keeping things going. I find the greatest satisfaction in hearing my kids
voices, or helping a hurting soul, or ministering God's Word to help a
person grow in their faith.

Wow! It truly has been a day of thought and wonderment. Oh well, life goes
on and God is still on the throne. I'm just glad someone smarter than I is
in charge, amen.

1 comment:

  1. This Blog seems as relevant today as it did
    back when I first posted it. I sure do miss
    my father, and a lot of what I have gone
    through of late he could have explained.
    Making everyone understand things. Yet,
    I'm incapable of it after some of the
    unimaginable things said in many ways. Just
    allowing for the foment and praying for
    God's wisdom.

    Sure do wish you were still here Dad.
    I miss you a lot tonight. Every week
    you spoke to me. Sometimes three or more
    times a week. You'd come here and visit
    me if you were worried about me. You
    were awesome to me Dad. Just like my
    Heavenly Father is.

    Much Love, Patrick

    ReplyDelete